Cultivating healthy bodies, minds and spirits through the art of Taekwondo.
Black Belt Meaning
Black belt represents mastery and maturity. No color added to this color can change or improve it. This completes a cycle that is now begun again as new knowledge and skills continue in a new cycle.
New Poomsae: Koryo
Promotion Test Requirements
Essay: Student must write 10 page essay about how they will continue to self growth, share what they have learned, and lead by example.
- Name and meaning of all previous poomsae, Koryo and all previous terminology
Teaching: Student must have 20 teaching hours.
Education: Middle and high school students must have passing school grades (no exceptions).
Must execute and demonstrate understanding of the following techniques:
- All previous stance
- Hand Techniques:
- All previous hand techniques
- Foot Techniques:
- All previous foot techniques
- All previous poomsae, Koryo
- Self Defense & One Step:
- 10 Self One Step Sparring Techniques
- 10 Self Defense Techniques
- Board Breaks:
- Instructor’s choice