Black Belt Meaning
Black belt represents mastery and maturity. No color added to this color can change or improve it. This completes a cycle that is now begun again as new knowledge and skills continue in a new cycle.
New Poomsae: Koryo
Promotion Test Requirements
Essay: Student must write 10 page essay about how they will continue to self growth, share what they have learned, and lead by example.
- Name and meaning of all previous poomsae, Koryo and all previous terminology
Teaching: Student must have 20 teaching hours.
Education: Middle and high school students must have passing school grades (no exceptions).
Must execute and demonstrate understanding of the following techniques:
- All previous stance
- Hand Techniques:
- All previous hand techniques
- Foot Techniques:
- All previous foot techniques
- All previous poomsae, Koryo
- Self Defense & One Step:
- 10 Self One Step Sparring Techniques
- 10 Self Defense Techniques
- Board Breaks:
- Instructor’s choice